Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• A montage of 135 shots meant to restore your faith in the beauty of cinema, there are some wonderfully concentrated bits of inspiration in here.
• Cocoagraph is taking your beautiful photographs and finally making them delicious too – eat art!
• Mark Seliger has a new online interview series called Capture – In the first episode Mark interviews Platon and Dylan McDermott about their photography.
• My favorite incarnation of the dynamic duo – Nico and Andy Warhol as Batman and Robin in 1967
• A really strange and wonderful pairing – Weegee on the set of Dr. Strangelove
• Boy George’s cover of Lana Del Ray’s Video Games for the win, I just love this version of the song.
• A collection of surreal Japanese sci-fi art
• Mike Monteiro fields questions from Twitter on how to manage client expectations. I think his take on selling the process and not the solution is one of the best answers in this roundup.
• Beyond Neon – An insightful and inspiring look at the revitalization of Downtown Las Vegas