Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• An inspiring look at cool offices, studios, and workspaces to drool over. This is just getting me more excited for the upcoming studio redesign that I am planning.
• A look at some cool Japanese ads from the 1950′
• Examining a decade through its graphic style – welcome to the 80’s!
• People on the phone at a movie drive you crazy? check out these suggestions for movie etiquette from the silent era.
• A look at MeatMarket – a new site for creatives and photographers to hook up.
• A new service is now making it easier than ever to properly license popular music for use in video an slideshows for photographers.
• Zack Arias has got a new tumblr where he is answering any question about photography from anyone. Really honest answers and no BS advice from a great teacher for emerging photographers.
• A collection of amazingly cool cyberpunk inspired fictional magazines from the movie Bladerunner.