Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• The George Eastman house has put together 4 short documentaries (Two more are soon to be released) on classic photographic processes. check out this great series which includes The Daguerreotype, The Collodion Process, The Albumen Process, and The Woodyburytype. The Platinum Print and the Gelatin Silver print should be released soon.
• What is Art? great minds from Aristophanes to Fellini share their definitions.
• How to retinafy your website.
• Scott Gable is in Alaska for the next month working on an amazing self funded personal project. He shared a brief piece of advice for those with a desire to chase their dreams before he left.
• Stepehen Pressfield (the author of one of my favorite books – The War Of Art) on the difference between the artist and the addict.
• A fascinating article exploring the merits of the oft discussed New Aesthetic and whether or not it is truly deserving of the classification new.