Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• Vintage sci-fi robots are a long time favorite of mine, so I was thrilled to see this collection of images of Electro and Sparko.
• An in depth look at pricing and negotiating a job from aphotoeditor.com.
• And inspiring look at the wisdom of George Lois as presented by Nubby Twiglet.
• I am really loving the ideas behind Zappos core values.
• The worlds first completely honest resume of a graphic designer. I really wonder what the photographers version would look like.
• A photographic study of the Wild West for the history and photo buffs out there – photographed by Timothy O’Sullivan in the late 1800’s.
• Tom Waits narrates a short film about John Baldessari