Above: Erin’s bike parked by the water last weekend when we spent the day riding along the Lake Erie Shore.
Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• Make your own luck.
• My new favorite way of getting my much needed Tom Gauld fix.
• Competing solely on price is no way to compete at all, price is just one factor to consider when self evaluating your value to customers.
• Clay Shirky on how the six rules of creativity are really just the one rule of creativity.
• BLINK has a killer new iPad app out to compliment the already impressive print version of their photography publication.
• A terrifying child makes an effective debt collector in this funny spot for Barclays Pingit.
• For fellow lovers of old film – MGM’s stable of stars circa 1943
• Aside from the fact that the put on the best concert I have been to this year, M83 makes the most impressive and interesting videos. I like how this new video for Reunion carries on the narrative from Midnight City so seamlessly. More music video projects need to demonstrate this kind of ambition.