Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• I have been noticing a lot more imagery by photographers that captures the most mundane and normal things in beautiful ways this year. This study on street lights and evening landscapes is captivating. | Reconfort D’une-Lumiére Dans l’obscurité.
• A look at shooting a commercial for one of the most enduring (and scariest) commercial mascots, and a discussion on all why cologne need a hint of flame broiled meat. | Kareem Black Explains Shooting The King.
• I am terribly excited about new a Wes Anderson film | Moonrise Kingdom
• Rediscovering the joy of solitude has been a big blessing to me at time, it is often when i have my best breakthroughs and most important moments of self examination. | Learning to Sit Alone, In a Quiet Empty Room.
• A photo collection that I really enjoyed, so few figures int he public eye have been featured in such a sheer volume of amazing and iconic images – let alone someone I find so personally interesting | Muhammad Ali: 70 Iconic images for 70 Years.
• The amazingly complex art of Minjeong An is almost overwhelming in its scope and can be explored over and over again. | Self Portrait as Informational Diagram
• A solution for crafting simple newsletters and e-mail lists with impressive impact for creatives | TinyLetter
• I could see a certain awesomeness coming from putting something so nightmarish in my space | Dark water – Carpets inspired by Cthulu