Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
• I finally found some holiday cards that I can get behind – Check out Inky Bench for a high dose of adorable monsters to haunt your holiday season.
• I am not usually one to get excited about a calendar, but this one created by Campari – and featuring Milla Jovovich as the avatar of every manner of world ending scenario is striking.
• Another campaign that made me laugh hard all this week was one created for The Drake General Store in Toronto. There is something about the expression of the woman trying to trade horse meat for candy that requires me to watch these on a constant loop.
• An interesting video that looks at the relationship between time, pressure, and depth of creativity.
• The Grand Ole Bestiary is like the Island of Doctor Moreau meets Victorian style and charm.
• Staying Motivate! – Via Nubby Twiglet.
• If there was one video that made me smile this week it is definitely this one of Bert and Ernie recording voiceovers for Tom Tom GPS.