Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
Im getting ready to move forward with a bunch of new projects over the next few weeks. A few photographic ideas have been stewing in my head for a while and I need to make them real (one of which is an extension of the project above) I also have been developing a bunch of new marketing ideas the past few days as well that I am going to start exploring in coming weeks.
• I love items that can serve multiple functions, found this great weekly to do list with a unique format that can serve a number of functions.
• I normally think that the Alice in Wonderland thing is just done to death, but this take on it by Sebastien Vincentis quite interesting.
• A simple yet wonderful film of people doing what they love. Inspiring
• An interview with Arnold Newman. One of the masters.
• Buffalo Spree featured a small piece on one of my projects this week that was done to help out the student winner of a local design contest.
• The best 404 page.
• An interesting look at the 51 best magazines ever.
• I often share links to other photographers work on this blog, but I feature painters and illustrators much less frequently. One that I am excited to share with you is Bob Dob, who has quickly risen to the top of my list of favorites.
• A cool debunking of brand mythos vs technical reality vs personal choice.