Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
This ridiculous heat and humidity is not going to slow me down at all, I’ve been out of the office a lot this week, doing what I love. Seems like as soon as I leave one set this week I am headed directly for another. Next week looks to be just as busy, but I am hoping to be able to start working on a new personal project over the weekend. That personal project mainly involves me wearing Elvis Glasses while I make a series of new images
• My jealousy is rearing up, this is one hell of an amazing one of a kind gift to receive.
• Though it originally made the rounds a few weeks ago, I really do love John Keatley’s on assignment video from Liberia.
• An amazing collection of interesting info-graphics for pretty much everything
• Finally, a perfect site for artists who share my sentiment that the pretentious artist’s statement is one of the most annoying and pointless notions out there. Now you can generate your very own!
• An amazing series of fluid images from Alberto Seveso.
• A punk rock flyer archive 1982-1984
• Being that loose cables are the bane of my desk, I have a feeling I will be investing heavily in these in the future.
• Another project from Behance, that I just love – BodyBag, by Pierre Manning.
• I wanted to wrap this post up with two music videos that I really can’t stop watching. The first is the video for PIeces of The People We Love by The Rapture. Directed by Ben Dickinson. The second is the incredible video for Saul Williams Dance, directed by Cédric Blaisbois.