Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
It has been a big and exciting week because me and my friends Scott Gable and Aaron Ingrao opened the doors of our new studio space, Victory Studios, last night with a gala party (more pictures coming next week in a full blog post) As we all clean up and recover from the party last night we are looking forward to creating some amazing new work in the new space in the coming weeks.
• I am a big fan of the music video as a format, here are some of the best music videos you have probably never seen, I particularly like the one for Liars “Scissors” – Via Flavorwire
• An unbelievable behind the scenes video of combining long exposure photography and the human body to create some otherworldly and haunting images.
• Some fantastic tips from the 99% on beating procrastination.
• An essential tip, how to lay a seamless perfectly flat.
• I love the work of Tom Gauld a lot lately. So simple, wonderful, and perfect.
• Cannot get enough of the Flickr stream of Brooke Shaden, such beautiful and inspiring images.
• I really want to get a few of these wall sconces for the new studio.
• 10 apps for more efficient tweeting opened my eyes up to some great apps to make my life a little easier.
• This guy has a seriously sick camera collection.