Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing.
This week has been insanely busy, I just blew back into the studio from a shoot and have just enough time to get this required reading up before I dash out to another location. Lots of good news came to me this week that I will be reporting on soon.
• Loving this NPR story and photo series. – People of the Clouds, A Story of Ghost Towns and Great Migrations.
• A fascinating early tintype of Billy the Kid sells for 2.3 Million at auction.
• I am really really digging the style of this video for Moby’s After, Directed by Alberto Gómez
• Short of getting my own stamps made, these are definitely some of my favorites that have come out of the post office in a long long time.
• As if I needed anything to help increase my caffeine consumption – I am in love with Day 21 and scared that I might lose an eye to Day 25.
• Chris Anderson has the right idea – Lets all get on board with the e-mail charter.
• Chase Jarvis is dropping truth bombs again. Loving this article on the importance of NO in a creatives life, – Not just saying it, but hearing it too.
• Pantone Chairs – Like Pokemon, I feel the need to catch them all.
• Not even going to share some of the terrible sci-fi/comic geek/fantasy nerd inspired online handles I had when I was a teenager – but some of these folks surely will.