Required Reading is a weekly listing of all the bits of visual inspiration, cool videos, news, hip links, and miscellaneous information that rattles my head during the week. The stuff that’s worth bookmarking and gets my brain-juices flowing – hopefully yours as well.
• The Condition ONE app may be a game changer in the way people tell stories by adding an impressive immersive quality to video and still images. The previews available right now have my mid racing with ideas for the type of stories artists and journalists could tell with this tool.
• This week has been all about slow motion for some reason – the super slow motion Allstate “Ghost Bikes” campaign and the accompanying behind the scenes video that fstoppers has up now are pretty cool.
• Ingrid Nelson’s Pavement Trees series is just…. beautiful
• The random item I want and am in love with this week are these sushi notepads.
• The imagery on Tiny Toadstool is always inspiring me, I love the artful simplicity of the photography.
• Another photo series from Vice that I have become completely enamored with – Atlas Hoods: Botswana’s Cowboy Metalheads
• A fascinating short on bookbinding from Toronto Standard
• Rodney Smith talks about how he created one of my favorites from his impressive collection of images.
• Another slow motion piece that has really caught my eye – Seven Seconds on a Station Platform